Anyone can apply for temporary access to the SPA Forum, which is one month for Non-LARA members and three months for LARA members. (If you are only applying for temporary access, go directly to the application below.) However, to gain full access to the forum as a SPA Member, the following qualifications apply:
SPA membership is open to any member of LARA who has:
- Personally completed the process of publishing an original work of fiction. This may be via Electronic publishing (EPub) or print on demand technology, and sales must be via an established channel.
- The work must be available on a website which is dedicated to commerce (i.e., uploading to a personal or scholastic website is not sufficient) even though the book may be free for marketing purposes from time to time.
- The work must be at least 20,000 words in length, must contain romantic elements, and must be available for download in at least one standard format.
- An anthology of the author’s works qualifies if the total word count meets the requirements, but an anthology that includes the works of others does not, regardless of word count.
- Authors who self-publish their backlist qualify if they meet all other requirements.
If this applies to you, fill out the application below and certify with your signature at the bottom.