LARA’s purpose is to promote excellence in romance fiction, to help writers exchange their knowledge and establish career goals, and to support and encourage our members through all levels of their careers.
Membership to LARA includes:
- Member-only rates for monthly meetings with varied speakers and topics that highlight the business of writing
- The award-winning LARA Confidential newsletter
- Access to the chapter’s general networking forum
- Access to our SPEW crew forum (Stop Procrastinating, Everybody Write!), active during the week following our monthly meeting
- Opportunity to participate in our successful mentor program
- Opportunity to participate in our Book In A Year program
- Access to our extensive conference library, dating from 2003 to present
- Sharing of milestone accomplishments like new releases and contest placement
- Listing in our chapter member online directory
- Following and retweeting by LARA’s twitter presence
- Volunteer opportunities to engage with other writers
- Member-only rates on workshops and the California Dreamin’ writers conference
- Member-only access to special functions and general resources
Annual membership dues are $40 through December 31st.
Beginning January 1st, dues will be $48.
LARA members must first belong to RWA. Before joining our chapter, please join RWA at their website.
Problems with the site? Email the webmaster.